President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Mangilik El, 6
Dear Kassym-Jomart Kemelevich!
A public foundation “Elge Kaitaru” (hereinafter referred to as the Foundation) expresses its respect to you.
Our Fund was created by caring citizens of the country to facilitate the return of illegally withdrawn assets as well as illegally privatized large previously state-owned enterprises to the property of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The Fund sees the complete dismantling of the corruption system in the economy, the restoration of law and justice, and the provision of equal opportunities for all citizens of the country as its major goals.
As the first steps in its activities, the Foundation sent appeals to the first heads of the country’s law enforcement agencies — members of the Interdepartmental Commission on Combating the Illegal Concentration of Economic Resources on the following issues:
- checking the presence of assets worth about $8 billion dollars in the Nazarbayev Fund, checking the sources of formation of this Fund for corruption. It is puzzling that the Foundation, officially engaged in educational activities, turned out to be the owner of banks, hotels, telecommunication companies, golf courses and aircraft;
- verification of the circumstances of the transaction for the sale in 2003 of the state blocking stake (25.12%) of JSC CNPC-Aktobemunaigaz through trading on the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange. The circumstances of the transaction allow us to believe that the price of the shares being sold was sharply underestimated, and the theft amounted to several hundred million dollars. In addition, as a result of this transaction, Arvind Tiku, a trustee of Timur Kulibayev, unlawfully misappropriated $165.9 million dollars;
- verification of the fact of the acquisition in November 2009 by the state oil company Kazmunaigaz of 100% of the shares of JSC Mangistaumunaygaz, according to which the budget of Kazakhstan did not receive respective taxes in the amount of $1.8 billion unpaid by Central Asia Petroleum Ltd., among the owners of which were Timur Kulibaev and Lakshmi Mittal;
- verification of the circumstances of the acquisition in 2011 by KazMunayGaz of a 100% stake in the authorized capital of Aktaunefteservis LLP, the ultimate beneficiary of which at that time was the Chairman of the Board of the National Wealth Fund Samruk-Kazyna Timur Kulibayev, and the facts of the sale to a group of persons leaded by Timur Kulibaev, in 2004–2007 as non-core assets of all service enterprises owned by the national company KazMunayGaz for nothing;
- verification of the activities of all foreign subsidiaries of KazMunayGaz (in particular, KazMunayGaz AG (Lugano, Switzerland), from whose accounts expensive private events were paid for with state money;
- verification of the facts of the takeover by the offshore company Harad Operation UK Limited (the ultimate beneficiary Timur Kulibayev) of 50% of the shares of a subsidiary of JSC KazakhstanTemirZholy — Kamkor Management, as well as the circumstances of the sale in 2015 of the remaining 50% of state-owned “Kamkor Management” for a ridiculous amount.
In connection with the foregoing, we ask you to instruct the members of the Commission to carefully and comprehensively study these facts and take the course of the verification under special control.